September 28, 2020
Yom Kippur Day, led by Hazzan Ramón Tasat
Sept. 28, 2020 – 10:00 am – 7:40 pm
Morning Service, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Led by Hazzan Ramon, with reflections by Darian Unger on Unetaneh Tokef
Yizkor, around 11:45 a.m.
Led by Hazzan Ramon with David and Naomi Balto, and the Yizkor slideshow compiled by Sam Eisen.
Followed by the Musaf service – Darian Unger will speak about Life and Death and his impressions as a firefighter and Nan Wellins describe the singing of the song “Hai”(Life) by Shoa survivors and their families. The morning servicea will end between 1:15 and 1:30PM.
Yok Kippur Afternoon – Spend The Day With Us: From meditation to text study, Shirat HaNefesh and Kol Ami have come together to make sure there’s something for everyone on Yom Kippur afternoon! Here’s the lineup of sessions and leaders:
- Meditation with Jane Petkofsky, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Text Study with Gideon Amir “What are my expectations from God today?”, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Qi Gong with Eve Soldinger, 2:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Book of Jonah with Richard Ruth and the Pizza & Talmud Teens, 3:00 – 4:00
- Teen Zoom lounge opens at 4:00 p.m.
- Concluding the Selichot Experience with Hazzan Ramón, 4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
Minhah (Torah Reading, the Book of Jonah, and discussion) – 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Neilah – 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Final Shofar Blast and Havdalah – 7:34 p.m.