“I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.”
— Ani DiFranco
tefilah (prayer) and
Can alleviate God’s decree.”
— The High Holiday liturgy
- Tzedakah is a fundamental part of the Jewish way of life. Giving tzedakah is an almost instinctive Jewish response to express our gratitude to God.
- Sages affirm that tzedakah is the highest of all commandments, equal to all of them combined.
- According to Jewish tradition, Jews give at least ten percent of their income to charity. Jewish homes commonly have a pushke, a box for collecting coins for the poor.
- While Jewish generosity is not limited to Jewish causes, helping Shirat haNefesh flourish requires a tremendous amount of commitment … including your financial support.
- A classic Jewish custom is to make a special donation to the synagogue in memory of a loved one on their yahrtzeit or to honor a special occasion.
Give as often and as generously as you can — you’ll be rewarded with so much more!
If you have any questions about suggested donation amounts or opportunities for directed donations, please call 240-292-9450 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shirat HaNefesh is recognized as a 501(c)(3) religious organization. Contributions may be fully tax deductible as charitable donations. Please consult your tax advisor. A donation letter will be issued for contributions at the request of the donor. Send your donation check to: Shirat HaNefesh PO Box 8681, Silver Spring, MD 20907-8681 OR click the “Donate” button to contribute via credit card.
On Our Wishlist
|School Scholarship (1 child)||$1,000|
|Annual Creative Retreat||$2,000|
|Scholar in residence||$2,000|
|Artist in residence||$2,000|
|Updated Humashim (Torah books)||$60 each|
|Publicity funding during the year||$1000|
|Megillot (books for Purim, Tisha B’Av, etc. — 25 copies)||$375|
|Musical ensemble for Shabbat and/or holiday services||$600 per occasion|